Preparations are complete and the detour will go into effect Wednesday morning, May 24th. The intersection of Franklin Boulevard and South Franklin (McVay Highway 225) will be closed to turns while under construction. A detour, as shown below, will be provided to access all businesses and residences. Wednesday afternoon traffic will be shifted to the north side of Franklin Boulevard with one lane in each direction. At this time the signal at Brooklyn Avenue will be turned off. Thank you for your patience.
Area residents provided helpful feedback that led to some adjustments. The City will install Dead End signs on Brooklyn Street and Mississippi Avenue, and installed additional signs to help direct the public to businesses on South Franklin (McVay Highway) between Franklin Boulevard and 19th Avenue.
In response to comments, the City also redesigned the intersection at Brooklyn to allow a westbound left turn and shifted the LTD station location to reduce property impact.
How can I get up-to-date information on traffic impacts of this project?
- Sign up for traffic update emails at Keep Us Moving Info
- Read the Register Guard weekly road report (Sundays)
- For bus route information: visit LTD.org or call 541-687-5555
- Oregon Department of Transportation’s TripCheck
How can I get up-to-date information on this project?
- Visit the project website at newfranklinblvd.org
- If you received this email directly, you will continue to receive e-updates
- If this email was forwarded to you, then Sign Up for Email Updates
- Call Project Manager, Kristi Krueger at 541-726-4584